There is no doubt that the transmission system is one of the most integral and crucial parts of a vehicle. This structurally complicated car component is made up of hundreds of complex hydraulics and computer-controlled electronic parts that function together to change gear and deliver engine power to the wheel to run the vehicle.
Proper care and maintenance are crucial for its long-term health. Unfortunately, some car owners misunderstand the basics of transmission care and maintenance which keeps the gearbox running and operating as smoothly as possible. Most transmission problems can be fixed by an auto centre that provides quality transmission repairs services. Pickering auto centres offer a variety of services that cover a number of car problems.
To catch issues before they worsen, here are several warning signs of a failing transmission:
1. Jerking and Shaking – A healthy and well-functioning transmission system keeps the ride smooth when you shift gears. If the automatic transmission is hard to shift and you may experience jerking during a shift change, the transmission fluid can be either low or requires change. On the other hand, abnormal gear shifts in manual transmission vehicles could mean worn clutches or damaged gear synchros.
2. Fluid Leak – Red fluid stains in your driveway means that your transmission is leaking. Although it is not a major problem, continuous leaking can definitely result in more serious issues.
3. Odd Sounds – Unusual noises between gear shifts indicate a problematic transmission system. Whining or buzzing sounds can be caused by worn transmissions parts, like the bearing or gear teeth.
4. Burning Odour – A transmission fluid naturally has a slightly sweet or tart smell. However, if you start to notice a light, burning odour, then take your vehicle to the nearest auto service centre as soon as possible. Transmission fluid is normally used to lubricate the transmission part to prevent the unit from burning; but if the fluid is severely burnt, it could indicate that the system is burning as well.
5. Delay or Lack of Response – One of the most obvious signs of a failing transmission is the delay or lack of response of the vehicle. Take for example, if you rev up your car but it does not quickly move as the engine is running, this could indicate that your clutch is worn or could point to other more serious transmission problems.
6. Slipping Gear – When you are driving a manual transmission vehicle, the gear should stay in place until you shift it. However, if you find that the transmission is constantly slipping in or out gear, have your vehicle repaired by a transmission specialist right away. Driving your car in this condition can be extremely dangerous and can potentially get you into an accident.
If you think that you have a faulty transmission system, have it repaired by trusted and reliable auto service shop in Pickering. It will not only ensure a healthy and smooth running transmission system — it will also ensure safety and give you a peace of mind.
Please Enter Your Facebook App ID. Required for FB Comments. Click here for FB Comments Settings page
Latest posts by Tracy-R (see all)
- Benefits of Cleaning the Air Ducts in Your Home - June 13, 2018
- How PTSD Affects Physical and Mental Health and Family - June 9, 2018
- How to Deal with Pests in Your Home - May 5, 2018