For a small business entrepreneur, a reliable and cohesive team of employees is crucial for the success their business. When the employees work closely together, it would be easier for them to accomplish their tasks efficiently. Teamwork is vital for a company to succeed, which is why team building is important.
When assigned with the task of organizing a team building event, you may be confronted with some challenges. The venue you will be choosing will have a great impact on the success of the event. Although this may sound a bit overwhelming, the whole process of booking a venue does not have to feel like that. We have provided a guideline that may help you make an informed decision before renting the venue for your activity.
When to Start Looking
Once you have the budget, estimated number of attendees, and space requirements, you may start looking for a potential area. Make sure to book the venue as early as six months before the scheduled event. This gives you enough time to prepare other important things, like the catering.
Things to Consider
Keep in mind that you do not need to rush. Consider these factors carefully before taking your final pick.
- Budget – Your company may have a big budget for your team building, but it does not necessarily mean that you have to look for an extravagant venue to hold the event. In order not to sacrifice other things, you must not spend half of the budget on the venue alone. Remember, you still need to allocate budget for the catering, decorations, transportation, and prizes.
- Location – When choosing a venue, be sure that the location is accessible and convenient for everyone. For a local event, consider a venue within a reasonable distance from most attendees’ home, or somewhere convenient for interstate travel or easy to locate. If you are in the Ontario area, you can check out places like Fleetway Fun or Long Point Eco-Adventures.
- Capacity – The ambience and the attractiveness of the venue are not the only ones to consider. An important rule to keep in mind is to choose a venue that can accommodate slightly more people than those attending to make everyone comfortable. Also, ask the venue management about the services they offer to their guests.
- Catering – After hours of fun-filled activities, your colleagues will become famished. Catering services may vary from venue to venue. Although there are venues that allow you to have your own caterer or food, it is a lot more convenient if the venue itself offers a wide range of delicious food options for the whole team to enjoy.
Finding the perfect venue for your company team building is a tricky task, but keeping these things in mind can help you find the venue that meets all your standards.
Please Enter Your Facebook App ID. Required for FB Comments. Click here for FB Comments Settings page
Latest posts by Tracy-R (see all)
- Company Team Building: Points to Consider Before Booking a Venue - October 31, 2017
- Why You Should Hire a Heavy Equipment Transportation Contractor - September 14, 2017
- 3 Tips That Make It Easier To Take Kids to Their Brampton Dentist Appointment - July 17, 2017